Calgary Wrongful Death Lawyers
Money can never come close to filling the hole left in your heart by the loss of a loved one. If you are the parent, spouse, child, grandparent, or sibling of someone killed by the negligent act of another person, the emotional impact can be beyond overwhelming. Dealing with the financial impact and implications on top of everything else can feel impossible. Who will take care of funeral expenses? Who will provide for the family? How will we cope?
Whether the death was the result of a car, truck, motorcycle, bicycle, or pedestrian accident, inadequate care at a nursing home, or some other kind of negligence, there are certain things that are recoverable by close family members of the deceased, such as:
- Damages (an amount of money) for bereavement (sadness due to the death of a family member) under the Fatal Accidents Act of Alberta
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Damages for loss of guidance, care, and companionship
- Damages for loss of service (housekeeping, chores, etc.)
- Damages for loss of financial support
- Damages for loss of income for grieving family members
- Counselling or therapy costs for grieving family members
- Costs associated with attending the funeral (such as travel expenses)
If someone you love was killed as a result of the negligence of another person, we can help. Our firm has decades of experience with wrongful death and fatality claims all across Alberta. We are sensitive to your needs and your emotional state during such a difficult time, and our goal is to take as much of the burden off your shoulders as is possible. Let us worry about the financial aspects of the claim, so that you can focus on facing your grief and tending to your emotional health. Our team can help direct you to counsellors, therapists, or other medical professionals who understand your situation, and can help you work through it. Money is no substitute for a life, but we can get you the compensation you deserve to keep your household afloat, keep your financial future on track, send your kids to school, and get the help you need to deal with the ultimate loss and begin healing. It won’t cost you anything to talk to one of our lawyers, and we don’t get paid until we successfully resolve your claim. Contact us today, and we can start helping you immediately.