Personal Injury Law Matters.
A well-functioning tort system is one of the keys to any modern society. Write an essay in support or opposition with examples, and suggest ways the system can be improved or replaced. Submit your essay by October 31, 2017
for consideration by a panel of personal injury lawyers. Win a $5,000 scholarship and have your essay published on the Litwiniuk & Company blog.
Litwiniuk & Company Personal Injury Law Scholarship
Litwiniuk & Company believes that personal injury lawyers play an important role in the legal system and society in general. Tort laws provide a safeguard against the negligence of individuals and companies, and a method of compensation for victims of negligence. It is arguably one of the most important yet misunderstood areas of law. Misconceptions abound, and prevent discussions about real, substantive reform. We want to encourage students to take an interest in tort law, to better understand how it affects society, and to consider a career in personal injury law – that is why we are offering this scholarship.
The Litwiniuk & Company Personal Injury Law Scholarship is an annual scholarship in the amount of $5,000 for the best essay on tort law, as judged by our lawyers. The scholarship is open to students currently studying at or admitted to any Canadian or American law school.
The eligibility criteria and application process are as follows:
- Applicants must submit an essay in PDF format between 1,500 and 1,700 words, not including footnotes, endnotes, citations, exhibits, or bibliography, in 12-point Times New Roman font, double-spaced, on the following topic: A well-functioning tort system is one of the keys to any modern society. Write an essay in support or opposition with examples, and suggest ways the system can be improved or replaced.
- The applicant must be the author of the essay which must be an original work. All references must be clearly cited.
- Open to students enrolled in any year of study at any Canadian or American law school during the current academic year.
- The submission deadline is October 31, 2017.
- The winner will receive a scholarship of $5,000 CDN, and consideration for publication on the Litwiniuk & Company blog.
- All essays become the property of Litwiniuk & Company upon submission, and may not be used in any way by anyone other than Litwiniuk & Company except the applicant who may only use the essay for academic, non-commercial purposes. Litwiniuk & Company will owe no remuneration to any person for the use or publication of any applicant’s essay by Litwiniuk & Company or any other person or entity, but will not use or publish an applicant’s essay without crediting the applicant.
- Essays that do not meet one or more of the requirements, including requirements for size and formatting, may be disqualified by Litwiniuk & Company.
Applications should be completed at litwiniuk.com/scholarship
All applications must include:
- The applicant’s full legal name, email address, telephone number and current mailing address;
- Confirmation of admission or enrolment at a Canadian or American law school; and
- Your essay on tort law (between 1,500 and 1,700 words, not including footnotes, endnotes, citations, exhibits, or bibliography, in 12-point Times New Roman font, double-spaced) in PDF format.
All applicants will receive an email confirmation that their application has been received.
Only the winner will be contacted directly; please check litwiniuk.com/scholarship
to view the winner.
Please do not contact Litwiniuk & Company team members directly regarding the scholarship. All inquiries should be directed to [email protected]
Award Name: Litwiniuk & Company Personal Injury Law Scholarship
Award Value: $5,000 CDN
Number: 1 award
Application Deadline: October 31, 2017
Conditions: The scholarship is open to all law students who are currently admitted to or attending a degree program in law at a Canadian or American university.