Here at Litco Law, we care. A lot. And that doesn’t stop when we leave the office. Taking care of our planet is something that’s especially near and dear to our hearts. We believe that it’s the small, everyday choices that make a big difference. With this in mind, we decided to create a World Environment Day 2021 giveaway to inspire and encourage green habits amongst our team and within our community. It’s also our way of saying thank you to all the amazing people who do their part for our planet, today and every day.
The lucky winner will get an awesome giveaway package valued at $250 that includes a $75 Gift card to tentree, $70 water bottle from Ocean Bottle, $45 Gift Card to DYP, and $60 donated in the winner’s name to the World Wildlife Fund. Keep reading to find out how to enter + learn 3 simple steps to greener living!
Here’s how to enter:
- Go to Instagram
- Make sure you’re following @litcolaw
- Like and save our World Environment Day post
- Tell us about something you do for the environment in the comment section + tag a friend!
Entries close on Saturday, June 12, 2021 at 11:59 pm MST. The winner will be selected at random from the entries that qualify and will be notified via direct message. The winner must be 18 years of age or older, and must reside in Canada. The winner must have a Canadian address.
3 Easy Steps to Green Habits
1. Education – We love a good Netflix documentary and at the top of our list is David Attenborough’s A Life on Our Planet. The 2020 film brings awareness to the steep decline of the health of our planet that Attenborough witnessed in his own lifetime. We especially love that he offers a hopeful and uplifting message with practical tips for how you can make a difference.
For the book lovers out there, Diana Beresford-Kroeger’s To Speak for the Trees is a must-read. As a world-leading botanist and biochemist, Diana weaves her valuable knowledge of our forests and their essential role in biodiversity— along with achievable ways to heal the planet— into a captivating memoir.
And for those who enjoy reading the news and blogs, the World Environment Day website has a great News and Stories section!
2. Small steps you can take – Big change starts small, and the most impactful change often starts with a lot of people committing to greener habits in everyday life. From choosing zero waste deodorant to cycling and recycling… those are the small steps that, together, make a BIG difference.
Here are just a few green habits you can try:
- Use a refillable water bottle
- Clean up in your community
- Bring reusable bags when you go shopping
- Instead of driving, walk, take a bike or the transit when you can
- Leave no trace when you go camping
- Reduce meat and dairy to help cut methane emissions
- Turn off your lights when they are not in use
- Switch your light bulbs to LED to reduce your energy consumption
- Take your old electronics to an e-waste recycling depot
- Use products that come in cardboard packing to reduce plastic waste
- Switch to sustainable products in your home (cleaning supplies, biodegradable materials)
3. Reconnect with nature – Spend time outdoors! Being in nature is good for our mental and physical well-being, boosts our health and happiness, and reminds us of why it’s so important to take care of this planet we call home. It’s easy to miss the beauty and wonder of nature— and deprioritize taking care of it— when we’re constantly plugged into technology and caught up in our own daily stress and routines. Take a moment to disconnect in order to reconnect.
We think that caring for the planet is the coolest!
Ever wondered how much paper a lawyer uses in a year? We’ll give you a hint— it’s a lot. That’s why we decided to come up with technological solutions to reduce our paper usage at Litco Law. With systems like paperless intake, digital signing, and online fillable forms, we’re able to provide the same great service; but in a way that’s more convenient for our clients and largely waste-free. We’re proud to say that we have reduced our paper usage by approximately 130,000 pages since 2020, and we’re well on our way to going paperless!
We hope this blog gave you some ideas and inspiration to do something kind for the environment! Litco Law is always here for you, whether you need free legal answers, some tips for things to do locally, or just a friendly face to talk to. Just give us a call, send us a message in the chat, or fill out our contact us form and we’ll reach out to you! This caring legal team is standing by and ready to help!