May Long Weekend kicks off the spring-meets-summer tradition for many Albertans of spending the weekend outdoors… rain, shine, or snow. With more people out and about over the long weekend, we tend to also see a rise in accidents and injuries. While we do our part to share our tips for staying safe, if you were injured as a result of someone else’s carelessness or error, we can help.
Your first priority is your health.
If you haven’t done so already, go see your doctor– even if you think you’ll be fine. There are two reasons for this:
- It can take hours, days, or even weeks to realize the full extent of your injuries. In the moment, it’s easy to forget that adrenaline masks pain and can disguise how badly you’ve been injured. It’s also important to remember that many internal injuries are silent, meaning you may not realize that you’ve suffered a serious injury.
- Your medical doctors’ notes, scans, and records are very important pieces of evidence if you decide to make a Personal Injury claim. It may be easier to prove the cause and extent of your injuries if you saw a doctor right away.
Even if you got assessed by emergency personnel or an emergency room doctor at the time of the accident, we still recommend going to see your family doctor. Because your doctor already knows you and your medical history, they’ll be able to easily identify any changes to your health. Don’t have a family doctor? Find one at Alberta Find A Doctor.
If you were injured as a result of someone else’s negligence, you may be able to make a claim.
A Personal Injury claim can get you access to compensation for things like loss of income while you’re unable to work, the cost of medical treatments or therapies, prescriptions, loss of enjoyment or quality of life, and more. At Litco Law, it won’t cost you anything to speak to an injury lawyer to find out if you are eligible to make a claim. Even if you don’t proceed with a claim, you might learn that you have access to certain benefits and resources to support you.
Here’s a list of the most common types of Personal Injury claims we encounter here at Litco Law – just follow the links to learn about each one.
- Motor Vehicle Accidents (MVA)
- Pedestrian accidents
- Truck accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Bike accidents
- Dirt bike accidents
- Hit and run accidents
- Slip, trip, and fall accidents
- E-bike and e-scooter accidents
- ATV accidents
- Boating accidents
- Watercraft accidents
- Snowmobile accidents
- Uber and Lyft accidents
- Bus accidents
- Taxi accidents
- Rental car accidents
- Commercial host liability
- Premises accidents
- Fatal accidents
This list is by no means exhaustive, so if you’re wondering if you’re eligible to make a claim, just give us a call or email. You’ll always hear back from us within 24 hours during the week, and by the next business day on weekends. At Litco Law, it won’t cost you anything to speak to a Personal Injury lawyer. You’ll never feel rushed, and we’ll take the time you need to answer all your questions. And if you do choose us, we don’t get paid until you get paid. We’re here to help you get back to better.