Overview of the role
You are a hospitality superstar. You’ve made cookies that people talk about for weeks afterwards. You are a step or two ahead of everyone else when planning events. Your customers ask for you by name. Friends can’t wait to have you host your next backyard barbeque. You give gifts that speak to the unique and special qualities of the people in your life. Kindness is more than a single act as far as you’re concerned. To you, it’s a passion. We think so too.
As the Director of First Impressions and Hospitality, you will turn your passion into a profession. You will make our guests feel like they are the only person in the world because you are passionate about making everyone feel important and special. You will make our guests feel like the entire public area of our office was built specifically to anticipate their needs. Your success is measured in happiness.
This role will be responsible for all aspects of front of house duties.
Please note that this position will be based in our Britannia Crossing location.
How you would contribute to our team
- Make all guests feel incredibly welcome
- Give all guests a 5-star experience so good they want to talk about it to friends, family, and online
- Make all guests feel at home by getting them a drink and snack of their choice
- Curate the reading material available in our waiting area to ensure that all tastes are represented
- Ensure the kids’ area is stocked with appropriate toys and books, and that it is kept clean and tidy after every use
- Set and reset boardrooms and common areas after every use
- Consistently provide mind-blowing client service
- Bring new ideas for how to improve the client experience
- Create memorable catering events and social occasions that make people feel special
- Put kindness into action by sending meaningful gifts that will brighten someone’s day
- Be an amazing host by stocking tasty snacks and drinks for everyone’s enjoyment
- Use your impeccable eye for detail to ensure efficiency and accuracy
- Apply your exceptional communication skills when interacting with clients, team members and leadership
- Act with empathy and kindness toward others, both over the phone and in-person
- Collaborate with team members to provide high-touch client service in a professional environment
- Actively maintain a clean, professional front office environment for our clients
- Help with additional administrative and office facilities tasks as required
What we are looking for
- Proven guest service skills
- Experience with office phone systems
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, grammar, and spelling
- Must be aligned with the firm’s Core Purpose and Core Values
- Genuine love of people and desire to make them feel special
- A great smile
- Amazing hospitality skills
- Proven ability to consistently exceed client expectations
- Uncanny ability to anticipate client needs
- Warm, welcoming personality that is authentically kind and empathetic
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Solid, dependable work ethic
- Impressively professional appearance
- Must be open to rapid change and constant improvement
- Ability to build strong relationships and handle sensitive situations that require empathy, tact, and confidentiality
- Superior organizational skills
- Exceptional time management skills
- High level discretion
- Enthusiastic about making people feel welcome
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- This position requires the use of a computer and phone throughout the day
Minimum Education and/or Experience:
- High school or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience in the Hospitality Industry
- Experience with client or guest management software
- Fluent in verbal/written English language
- Experience in fine dining, or high-end hotels and resorts
- Experience working in customer-focused retail environments such as Nordstrom or the Apple Store
- Verbal/written second language skills outside of English
Anything else you might need to know:
The chosen candidate may be asked to undergo a criminal record check and a basic security clearance.
Please note that a final step in our hiring process is for candidates to arrange personal reference calls with former managers and others we may choose.
We wish to thank all qualified applicants for their interest in joining our winning team however only successful candidates will be contacted. Apply online.